Montreal - Domtar Garden - Michel Saulnier

Copyright Photo: Parc Domtar Park Montreal - Echo Michel Saulnier by Montreal Photo Daily, on Flickr
Michel Saulnier's  "Echo" sculpture.
Does it look like a totem pole of teddy bears?


Copyright Photo: Parc Domtar Park Montreal - Echo Michel Saulnier 3 by Montreal Photo Daily, on Flickr
The building in the background is the "Caron Building". It was built in 1923 when commercial skyscrapers' height was limited to 10 floors or 130 feet maximum.


Copyright Photo: Parc Domtar Park Montreal - Echo Michel Saulnier 2 by Montreal Photo Daily, on Flickr
A Downtown Oasis.


This space used to be an old city parking lot. In 2002, the Domtar Paper Company purchased it and collaborated with the City of Montreal to create this green space. Its downtown location provides an ideal respite from the hustle and bustle and it is greatly appreciated by the lunch crowd.



12 comments:

Birdman said...

Looks comfy! better than a parking lot, anyway you look at it.

Leif Hagen said...

Fun sculpture in the downtown garden! It looks like teddy bears all stacked up towards each other!
Bon weekend, Ken de Montreal
Bon vendredi, Ken du Quebec
Bonne journee Ken du Canada

Arija said...

My goodness Ken, I hardly recognise Montreal any more with all those high-rise buildings. Is that Rougemont in the far distance?

Sure I picked your parent's house, I'm just not used to see so many houses there.

Thanks, That's a really great shot.

Arija said...

Forgot, from the first shot I actually did think
totem pole' but in the next, the gentle rolly-poly teddies got in the way of that idea.

Kaori said...

I was going to say pigs...but yeah, I guess they look like bears, too! haha. Love your oasis. All that green is wonderful!

EG CameraGirl said...

Ha! It does look like a totem pole of teddy bears. Thanks for giving me a laugh. :)

Judy said...

I sure does look like teddy bears! What a wonderful park to relax in!

RedPat said...

Yes it looks like a totem of teddies to me too! Nice of Domtar to provide a park.

magiceye said...

lovely set of images specially loved the sculpture!

Randy said...

Wow that really does look like a Teddy Bear totem, I love it! I really like the banner shot also. Nice skyline!

Rae Walter said...

Like the sculpture - it gives lots of options for interpretation!

irinapictures said...

Interesting sculpture. Reminds me goats' poo. But I am complete idiot in modern art.. ))))